Basically, the only thing you need to know about me is that my favorite movie is Atonement. I talk about it all the time.
In reality, no matter how much I adore ATLA, it (and all of its spin-off series/comics) will always be the subject of my criticism. I feel as though most people probably think I have a deep secret hatred for ATLA, but I really don't. Only for Mike and Bryan. And it's not much of a secret.
( Read more... )
People actually need to calm the fuck down about the new CBS show "Elementary".
Recently, I guess with the new trailer and all, everyone has been whining on and on about it. Female Watson? Female Asian Watson? No, please, bring back my gay bbys! Modern Sherlock! Like that's never been done before~
Honestly, idgaf about this show, and if you're not interested, you shouldn't either. Sure, I don't think it's the best move to make a Sherlock Holmes TV show when there's currently one in the UK (a damn good one too), but it's surely not anything worth crying over.
I won't be watching it. But I won't be complaining either. They're not going to stop production for your Sherlock stan needs, so build a bridge and get over it.
- I'm not sure what prompted me to watch this show, since I'm not one to like medieval-esque... well, anything.
- I'm also not a fan of gratuitous sex and nudity, which dominates at least 15 minutes of each episode.
- Nor am I one for violence, which is also reoccurring.
- But this show. is. absolutely. stunning.
- The scenery is beautiful, the plots are well-developed and captivating, and the characters are so morally grey and fascinating that you're just drawn in constantly.
- I'd recommend Game of Thrones to anyone who likes quality TV (and is not deterred by graphic sex and violence).